I was living & training in Bangkok, Thailand for about a year, and as of Sunday, July 3rd, I'm finally back in Canada!
I'm taking a week off the weights to allow my body to recover, and also to recover from jet lag.
In the mean time, I've ordered some fractional plates from Rogue Fitness. As my overhead press (aka. military press) and bench press get stronger, it will be much more difficult to increase the load by 2.5kg (5.5lbs). These fractional plates will allow smaller increases by 0.5 lbs, 1 lbs, 1.25 lbs or 2 lbs.
Anyway, here are some great articles worth reading from strength training blogosphere this week:
- Mike Robertson wrote an insanely awesome post about the deadlift (must read)
- Jason Ferruggia reveals Arthur Saxon's view on conditioning
- Christine "the cookie monster" encourages us to "Embrace your goals and dreams, no matter how ridiculous they might seem to someone else" (awesome quote btw)
- Nia Shanks writes something all women should read
- Mark Rippetoe tells us the biggest training fallacy of all
Keep lifting, keep progressing & have a great weekend!