- Training has been pretty good this past week. On Monday (volume day) I high bar squatted 410lbs, 10 sets of 3 (video).
- To deal with the forearm pain I was getting from bench presses, I've decided to try the reverse grip bench press. It takes some getting used to, but I think I'm getting the hang of it! Managed to reverse grip bench press 330lbs (video), but missed at 340lbs (which is my bench press PR). I believe 330lbs is a paused bench press PR however. I usually get forearm pain at heavier loads, but so far, I'm not feeling any pain at all. Let's hope it stays that way.
- Rearranged my home gym, cleaned up and took some pictures. Pics here.
- Lastly, after about 6 months of high bar squatting on volume days, I'm finally going to reintroduce the low bar back squat on Monday. Should be fun.
Anyways, check these out:
- Eating Bigger On A Budget by Brandon Morrison
A slow cooker and rice cooker are 2 key tools that got me from 183lbs to 200lbs+.
- Successful Bench Press Experiment by Craig Hirota
This I have to try!
- Platform: Learning to Press 2.0 by Mark Rippetoe
A new way to OHP as explained in Starting Strength 3rd edition. I'll try this on Wednesday.