What started out as a crappy week actually ended up pretty good.
For some reason I was feeling gassed and light headed after 5x5 squats that I ended up skipping out on the overhead press on Sunday (volume day).
On Tuesday (recovery day) I didn't warm up my shoulders properly before power cleans. Ended up with pain shooting from both of my shoulders right down my arms, and I decided it probably wans't a good idea to do bench press that day.
Also for overhead press, I'm inching closer to 3 reps with 205lbs at a bodyweight of around 190lbs. I'm aiming to hit a 225lbs 1RM by the end of the year.
Anyways, a few things I've come across this week that are good to read:
- Eric Cassey tells us "The Truth About Shoulder Impingement"
- Kelsey@LivetheFitLife explains a few random facts about strength training that people should know
- Jason Ferruggia showswhat equipment you need for a new gym (great ideas for a home gym too!)
- Rob King reveals that the pre-workout supplement 1.M.R is now banned in Canada (dammit, never got a chance to try it out!)
- Steve Reed explains how a towel can help you set new personal records via http://heyjoob.com/2011/08/19/recent-good-reads/
Keep lifting, keep progressing & have a great weekend!