So this week I somehow managed to injure myself on Monday by changing (actually, removing) a 45lbs plate off the Olympic bar.
Somehow the bar slipped out of my right hand, and the edge of the bar slammed down directly into the cuticle of my thumb, cutting it up and causing a bloody mess.
The thumb is fine, although I probably won't be able to use a "hook grip" during power cleans.
Finally A New PR!
I set a new PR (personal record) on the overhead press. Pressed 215lbs, which beats my old record of 214.5lbs. It's only a 0.5lb difference, but I'll take it.
Also, I'm at a body weight of around 189lbs, about 5lbs lighter than I was during my previous PR a few months ago. Not too shabby.
Anyways, a few things worth reading:
Stuff To Read
- Marianne from myomytv.com rants about how women should train. I agree!
- If don't have access to a power cage or squat rack, here's what you can do
- Lifting really heavy weights is hard, and that's why most people don't do it. 70's Big shows you how you can prepare before the lift, and how to aggressively attack the rep
- Knee pain? Try this: http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/693/The_VMO_Solution.aspx
- Women can (and should!) do full push ups: http://saptstrength.com/2011/09/16/some-female-pushup-goodness/