That seemed fast.
2013 has come to a close and Chinese New Year is just around the corner (January 31, 2014), which will be there year of the horse!
Anyway, to recap, my 2012 maxes and 2013 goals were:
- Squat: 510 lb to 550 lb (DONE)
- Bench Press: 355 lb to 380 lb (DONE - benched 400 lb!)
- Deadlift: 540 lb to 600 lb (NOPE - current max is 570 lb)
- Overhead Press: 255 lb to 280 lb (NOPE - current max is 265 lb)
So I only got 2/4 of the goals I aimed for, but I still made some decent progress.
One Word To Describe 2013
5 Greatest Things That Happened In The Past Year
- Hit a ton of PRs (both rep PRs and 1RM). Here are my 1 rep maxes:
- Getting my articles published in other websites:
- Competed in a powerlifting competition, and set the record (amateur, CPF) for the squat and overall total!
- Became a trainer at a big box gym. I haven't hit a PR since I started, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to get my strength back and continue to make progress. Should be interesting to see how things turn out this time next year.
- I'm going to be a dad!
Goals For 2014
- Low Bar Squat: 550 lb to 600 lb (+50 lb increase)
- High Bar Squat: 520 lb to 550 lb (+30 lb increase)
- Front Squat: 420 lb to 455 lb (+35 lb increase)
- Bench Press: 400 lb to 440 lb (+40 lb increase)
- OHP: 265 lb to 280 lb+ (+15 lb increase)
- Deadlift: 570 lb to 600 lb+ (+30 lb increase)
- Get a 1500 total in a meet (not sure what competition I'll enter yet. All the ones I'm aware of are a little too far for my liking)
- Get more articles published
- Get more jacked