A somewhat crappy workout. Maybe those Muay Thai sessions are affecting my recovery. But nonetheless, still hit a few PR's!
- I planned for 5 sets of 3 for power cleans, but could only crank out 2 reps for 3 sets. Then 1 rep for 2 sets. I'm thinking I need to work on my technique still...can't seem to stomp and rack at the same time.
- It was member appreciation day at my gym and they were serving snacks. I ate 4 chocolate balls during my squat warm up. Felt a bit of a stomach ache after and this affected my squat numbers. Tried 195 kg (429lbs) but it just went down and never got back up.
- My goal was to hit a 500lbs deadlift before I head back to Canada (currently living in Bangkok, Thailand). My previous PR (last week) was 217.5 kg (478.5lbs) and I only had 2 deadlift workouts left. I figured the best way to add more weight to the deadlift really fast is to do it in socks. And it worked!
- Bodyweight after workout: 87.5 kg (192.5lbs). I think I'm losing weight since I'm not eating a bag of chips everyday.
- 87.5 kg (192.5lbs): 2,2,2,1,1 *2RM PR
- 72.5 kg (159.3lbs): 3
- 182.5 kg (401.5lbs): 1
- 195 kg (429lbs): X
- 145 kg (319lbs): 1,x *1RM PR
- 122.5 kg (269.5lbs): 3
- 222.5 kg (489.5): 1*1RM PR
- 227.5 kg (500.5lbs): 1,1,x*1RM PR