Dammit, aiming for a 2RM with 137.5 kg (302.5 lb.) on the #BenchPress but settled for 5 sets of 1 (managed to do 3 sets of 1 rep 2 weeks ago).
Bar touching chest of course.
72.5 kg (159.5 lb.): 3,3,3,3,3
172.5 kg (379.5 lb.): 5
- 1 vertical jump before set
- Last 2 reps were difficult
- If squeeze back, core feels more stable
137.5 kg (302.5 lb.): 1,1,1,1,1
- 2nd set failed on 2nd rep
- Struggled half way on 4th set
197.5 kg (434.5 lb): 3,3
90 lbs: 5,5,5
Body weight: 87.7 kg (192.9 lb)
- Performing a vertical jump before the main work set of squat seem to make it easier.
- Consciously squeezing my shoulder blades, upper back & lats together makes my core feel much more rigid during the set. Doesn't feel like the weight is going to fold my body in half.
- Gripping the bar as hard as possible before unracking the bar makes the rep feel easier.
- The heavier the dumbbell, the more of a pain in the ass it is to wrap my dipping belt around it and wear it.
- Check my paper log; was supposed to do 200 kg (440 lbs) this week but forgot I did them last week -_-;;