My stamina is building back up and I've finally hit 5x5 on squats after a week layoff. The jetlag is pretty much gone, but my sleeping times are still abnormal (sleep around 6PM and wake up at 12AM). It's not ideal, but I'm awake when the gym is open so I'm happy.
I've also started doing hitting the heavy bag twice a week. I consider it my "cardio" training (pretty damn manly cardio if you ask me). It also gives me an opportunity to practice my kicks and punches. The bottom of the bag is very hard, evidenced by my bruised shins below:
Anyway, check this out:
- Glenn Pendlay joins a commercial gym. All cliches hold true...
- Being obese is damn expensive. Too many people make the excuse that they don't have time to exercise. After reading this, I'm sure many are saying they don't have the money to be obese!
- Even if you're a mom or over 40 years old, it's never too late to start power lifting
- The squat is a staple exercise in any program. But did you know there are over 50 ways to squat??
- Hilarious video titled "Hitler Loses Members to CrossFit" (via thecookiemonster)
Keep lifting, keep progressing & have a great weekend!