Happy Mother's Day to all the Super Moms out there!
Anyway, this past week I found out that my Titan singlet is almost ripped. I'm a bit hesitant to get a new singlet to be honest. I might just wear this and hope no one notices haha.
Also, my neck is roughly 19" around after a pump. Sweet.
PR's this past week:
Low Bar Squat: 480 x 3 (3RM)
On Friday I got a new 3 rep max at 480 lb. I did 460x3 last week, which did not feel too hard, and I was certain I could get 480x3.
This upcoming Friday, I'm going to try for 500 lb x 2.
Bench Press: 350 x 3 (3RM)
I also got a bench press 3RM on Friday at 350 lb. I changed my shirt for the last set to help prevent any slipping on the bench. It felt a bit shaking, but 3 reps at 350 lb didn't feel like much of a struggle.
High Bar Squat: 480 x 2 (2RM)
On Saturday, I got a high bar squat 2RM at 480 lb:
I might have had 3 reps on a good day (didn't even make a squat face on the 2nd rep), but my low back was a bit sore and everything else ached. Still, a PR is a PR, and that's good enough for me.
The powerlifting meet is only a few weeks away (June 9), and I think this could be my last heavy week where I'm shooting for PR's before I start tapering off and making sure I don't burn myself out.
Here's what I'm looking at for this week:
- Front Squat: Aiming for 2 reps at 370 lb, or maybe 3 reps at 350 lb, depending on how I feel.
- Bench Press: I'm going to try for a 2RM at 370 lb.
- Low Bar Squat: As mentioned early, going to attempt 500 lb for a double.
Stuff You Should Read
Check this out:
- 10 Lessons from Westside Barbell by Craig Bongelli
- Powerlifting Federations by Mark Marotta
- Why The Fitness Industry is Broken by Dick Talens